1.23.2014

aloha from hawaii my friends.
We're live from Hale 7 on a Thursday afternoon at 1:45, and let me tell you, the campus is a non stop party around this time. It's that time of day where it's just warm enough and just quiet enough for a perfect nap environment. If you listen closely, you can almost hear the shortened breaths of university students that have been pushed to the brink of exhaustion, finally getting their daily nap in before their next class.
As for me, Annie, I have no classes today. My economics class is not held on days that we have an exam, and my Book of Mormon teacher is out of town for the day. SO what have I been doing with all of my free time? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I went to the gym, ate some breakfast, and studied for my exam. And here I am, speaking to you right now from my slightly more comfortable metal bed.
My dear sweet Mother sent me a package and it finally arrived. Hallelujah. Now, you would think that living in Hawaii, you wouldn't have to have any long pants or anything that is kind of warm. This, my friends, is not the case. Yes, it is near 80 degrees here almost every day, but at night it gets chilly enough to wear pants. Did I think of this as I was departing 20 degree weather? No. Of course not. So my momma sent me my pants, and some extra valentines goodies to her dear suffering daughter on the island of Oahu. I would just like to tell you how awesome it is to get mail/package/ANYTHING in my mailbox. I can now kind of understand what missionaries have to go through, although they can't blog about their packages after they receive them. hehe.
PLEASE SEND ME LETTERS - if you'd like my address I'd be more than happy to give it to you.
So I got my package and I'm enjoying my pants and watches that finally made their way over here. If you are planning on coming to Hawaii, please bring pants. Because they keep your hair legs from being seen, and they also prevent bug bites. Seeing as we're not aloud to wear leggings here on campus (dumbest rule in the history of rules), I have very limited options, meaning that I have some nice purple and red bug marks all over my legs. I look as if I have shot up some serious drugs. This is not a lie, I assure you.
I'm trying to think of exciting tales of excitement that I could share, but really nothing comes to mind. There were massive waves on the North Shore yesterday, apparently the biggest that they've seen in decades. 40-50 feet. Unreal. I wanted to go up there SO bad, but not having a car (hint mom and dad) and having classes at weird times is a real inconvenience. I feel that since I don't have a way to get around, I can't really see all the the island has to offer, ya know? Yeah, I could take the bus, but I don't want to do that alone, and it's a pain in the butt. I think this is something that I inherited from my parents. The inability to sit still for long amounts of time. If I choose to continue my education here, (which is very very likely), a car will be in my future. Maybe then I can get a boy to like me, ya feel?
Just kidding. I ain't about that life.
I need to learn to R E L A X.
I'm so used to being on the go 24/7 never stop always have to be doing something have to be on the go and so uptight always have something to do stressing out.
I need to adopt the island philosophy and just chill. I'm working on it, people. Working on it.

Stay sweet and keep the commandments.
-Queen Anne

taken from tumblr but still accurate


About me

About me

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe and Follow

Blog Archive

recent posts

ads

Like us on Facebook